Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Yeah, We Did Selfies

I was looking through a box of old pictures and ran across an old selfie I took circa 1993. You can't tell from the picture, but I was actually riding my motorcycle along a highway somewhere in Ohio. Ohio is one of the few states which still doesn't have a helmet law.

Distracted driving? Yes. Do I recommend anyone else doing it? No, of course not. It was incredibly stupid, especially given the fact that I was using an old film camera propped up between the handlebars, but I was young back then, and bulletproof. Or so I thought.

You see, since I was old enough to remember, I knew I was going to write novels someday. I believed it so much that I actually thought nothing could kill me until I had written at least two. Don't laugh, I believed it. Maybe it was true, because I did a lot of really stupid stuff.

I'm more careful now. I have to be because I've written three novels. Maybe you've read them.

* * *

Carl Purdon writes novels he describes as Homegrown Fiction. Visit his website and see what you're missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment