Sunday, June 2, 2013

Reviews and Authors

I don't go to my Amazon book page very often. I'm not a stats-watcher, perhaps because my stats have never been that impressive. I've managed to garner some great reviews, though (32 to be exact) and I appreciate each and every one of them. I've been lucky not to have gotten a bad review yet, though I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually. I can take it, though. I think.

This morning I just happened to go to Amazon, and I noticed THE NIGHT TRAIN had 32 reviews instead of 31, meaning there was one I hadn't seen. I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind that this review might be the bad one. It wasn't. In fact, it was a wonderful review. So touching that I am going to post it here in its entirety:



4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwrenching from the startMay 27, 2013
By 
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Night Train (Kindle Edition)
When I started reading this book, I almost started crying. It could be set in any time and in any place. It is about abuse and bullying, two things I despise and have seen too often.

The author tells the story so well. It has twists and turns that you don't expect. You begin to cheer for the boys and the bum, that they get their freedom from their demons.

I hate reviews that try to retell the story, so I won't do that; the adventures and the life lessons that are learned are priceless, just didn't get them in the traditional way.

I would recommend this book. Be ready, though, to love, hate and despise some of these characters.


.............................................

Read it on Amazon HERE. While you're there, buy a copy, or download the preview. My stats need you.

I've been asked before what I hoped readers take away from THE NIGHT TRAIN. This review answers that question better than I've ever been able to do myself.

As I ready my second book for publication, which is a painstaking process (ask any author), I needed this shot-in-the-arm to remind me WHY I do what I do.

Thank you, DJ, whoever you are, and thank you to everyone else who has taken the time to read my novel and leave a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment