Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Rising Star

It's nice to see good things happen to good people, especially when that person is succeeding at the very thing you hope to succeed at yourself -- writing novels.

Over the past year or so there have been several instances of self-published authors taking off and rising to the top. It gives writers like me hope. Shows it can be done. It's possible. And all any of us ever really want is the opportunity, right?


But when one of those examples is someone you call a friend, someone you knew back when, even though back when was only a little over a year ago, it makes it a bit more of a thrill.

I bumped into Suzan Tisdale on Twitter around the time I published my first novel, The Night Train. She had just published her first novel, Laiden's Daughter. Over the past year she has released two more novels and has consistently made her presence known on the Amazon charts. Her star is on the rise.

Suzan does as much to promote other self-published authors as anyone I know, and she is about to take that a step further.

Suzan has just launched a new website, and is on the verge of releasing the first issue of her newsletter. This morning I got a sneak peek at the newsletter, because one of my short stories is featured in it, and I have to say I was very impressed with the professional layout. Clearly she has put a lot of thought and planing into it. If you haven't done so yet, scoot on over to her website and sign up. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment